|Issue:||Silent Workstation Installation Using Command Line Parameters|
|Product:||Pearl Echo 8, Pearl Echo 9|
|Applies to:||All Builds|
- Copy the contents of the Workstation folder on the source CD to a local drive or network share.
- Select All files in the new directory and remove the Read-only attribute.
- Create a file called firsttime.txt in the new directory.
- Edit the file servset.ini in the new directory and specify the server IP and Port that you entered during the Pearl Echo Server Software installation. In addition you will need to specify your Tamper Security configuration preference – low, medium or high. If you have users that will roam outside of your private network, you can optionally enter the public address (FWIP) of your Pearl Echo server.
[Echo 8.0 settings…]
- At login, the workstation will need to run the command
msiexec.exe /i “<path>\Pearl Echo 7.0 Workstation.msi” /q
where <path> is the file path to the new directory.
Example of running a silent install from a login script. Installation is run one time for each machine.
'Checking for first time on target machine
if exist c:\firsttime.txt goto vend
copy \\servername\sharename\firsttime.txt c:\firsttime.txt
msiexec.exe /i "\\servername\echows\Pearl Echo 7.0 Workstation.msi" /q
The user under which the script is run must have Administrator privilege on the machine.
The workstation installation modifies the machine’s network settings. A forced reboot is included to ensure the stability of the workstation (processing running before and after installation will have different network settings until reboot). Though it is not recommended, you can suppress the forced reboot with the following command:
msiexec.exe /i “<path>\Pearl Echo 7.0 Workstation.msi” /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress