|Issue:||Using Pearl Echo to Monitor Published Applications in Citrix or RDS/TS|
|Product:||Pearl Echo 7.0, Pearl Echo 8.0, Pearl Echo 9.0, Pearl Echo 10.0, Pearl Echo 11.0, Pearl Echo 12.0|
|Applies to:||All Builds|
Citrix XenDesktop/XenApp and Microsoft RDS allow you to deploy and organize individual "published" applications without the user having access to a full desktop session.
The Pearl Echo workstation agent must be running for Pearl Echo to monitor applications running in desktop or published mode. Properly configured, Pearl Echo will monitor each user's session, even if the session is run as a published application. Pearl Echo also accommodates any remote launch point including Citrix Neighborhood, N-Fuse, Remote Desktop Connection, individual icons placed on the user's desktop, etc.
Solution:STEP 1: Launch the Pearl Echo Workstation Agent before remote applications are run.
- Install the Pearl Echo Workstation software on your Citrix Server or RDS as described in Chapter 2 of the Pearl Echo User guide.
- Create the following batch file called pearlecho.cmd (modifying the C:\Program Files (x86) path if appropriate) and place it in the %SystemRoot%\System32 folder on the Citrix Server:
REM Launch the Pearl Echo Workstation Agent
Cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\pse7"
- On the Citrix Server, run regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\
- After the last entry in the Appsetup value, place a comma and a space and then enter the name and extension of the logon script you placed in the %SystemRoot%\System32 folder. For example, Usrlogon.cmd, pearlecho.cmd
STEP 2: Terminate the Pearl Echo Workstation Agent after the remote applications end. (Not necessary on RDS/TS)
Citrix has a hard coded list of what are considered ‘System’ type secondary processes that are checked for and exited once all user application processes have terminated. To add the Pearl Echo agent to this list:
- On the Citrix Server, run regedit and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\wfshell\TWI
- Add the following entry:
Value Name: LogoffCheckSysModules
If LogoffCheckSysModules exists, enter the list of executable names with a comma and NO spaces between them, for example: App1.exe,app2.exe,rnappp7.exe
Ref: Citrix KB Article CTX897671 (http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX891671)
Last verified with XenApp & XenDesktop 7.16. For maximum performance it is recommended to included only applications needed to be controlled in Options ->Application Detection. svHost.exe should NOT be in the Application Detection list.
No changes need to be made for Pearl Echo to monitor applications running in a desktop session. On 64 bit systems, path in pearlecho.cmd should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\pse7"
Support Center ...to access all available Pearl Software support resources.
Knowledge Base ...to find solutions to common issues.
Submit Issue ...to e-mail the Pearl support team with your issue.
FAQ ...to get answers to the most commonly asked questions.