|Issue:||Integration with Microsoft SQL Server|
|Applies to:||All Builds|
Background:Pearl Echo stores monitored Internet activity in its native Microsoft xBase database format. For installations with high volume monitoring loads and large storage requirements, Pearl Echo can be configured to store monitored Internet activity to a Microsoft SQL Server (version 2000 or later, module sold separately). The Pearl Echo Server Software can be loaded on the same server that is running Microsoft SQL Server or any other machine that resides in a trusted Domain. Data stored on Microsoft SQL Server can be viewed and reported upon from the Pearl Echo Administration Console
Solution:To configure your Microsoft SQL Server:
- Copy the Pearl Echo database (echodb00000) files located in the Utilities directory of the product CD to your SQL Server.
- Remove the files’ Read Only attribute.
- Create a SQL Server Authenticated user called echouser with password echopassword.
- Attach to the Pearl Echo database by right clicking on Databases and selecting All Tasks->Attach Database in the SQL Server Console.
- SQL Server 2000: While attaching to the database, specify echouser as the database owner.
- SQL Server 2005 and later: After attaching to the database, select Users for the echodb00000 database, add the username "echouser" with login name "echouser", and assign the role db_owner.
- Create a network share named cache0000000000 and apply read and write permissions to the domain computer on which the Echo.Suite Server software resides. This share will be the location where Pearl Echo will store additional cached content.
NOTE: Verify the Authentication Mode of the SQL server is "Mixed Mode (Windows Authentication and SQL Server Authentication)". Authentication Mode is found in SQL Server Management Studio: Right-click your server, and then click Properties and Security.
To configure the Pearl Echo Server to store monitored Internet activity to the Echo database on Microsoft SQL Server, enter the Pearl Echo Administration Console and select Data Source Selection from the Options menu. Specify the name of the Microsoft SQL server and the database (echodb00000) and table (echotab00000) where Pearl Echo should log activity.
Support Center ...to access all available Pearl Software support resources.
Knowledge Base ...to find solutions to common issues.
Submit Issue ...to e-mail the Pearl support team with your issue.
FAQ ...to get answers to the most commonly asked questions.