|Current Release:||Version 12.41.0001|
|Release Date:||April 7, 2021|
Current Release Notes:
- Previous version roll up.
- Fix of startup issue with Modern Standby.
Previous Release Notes:
The update instructions contained on this page are for minor release patching only (e.g. 12.01.0001 to 12.32.0002). To upgrade from a previous major release (e.g.10.09.0009 to 12.27.0007), be certain that you have a valid Version 12 serial number and follow the upgrade instructions here.
To patch from a previous Version 12 revision (e.g. 12.01.0001 to 12.32.0002), first update your Pearl Echo Sever with the Pearl Echo Server Patch. Then, to automatically update your Pearl Echo Workstation agents, place the Workstation Patch in the WS_Updates folder found in the directory where you installed the Pearl Echo Server software. The Pearl Echo Server will automatically deliver the update to Pearl Echo’s zero-maintenance agent. Delivery of the update occurs to the Workstation at Workstation startup or, absent startup, typically within one hour in order to minimize bandwidth overloading. Because the Workstation update requires a restart, the Workstation agent will update itself the next time the machine on which the agent resides is restarted after delivery, typically prior to user login.
Pearl Echo Workstation and Server applications do not need to be removed or reconfigured when installing Pearl Echo Patches.
Step by Step Update Instructions:
- Click below to download the Pearl Echo Server Patch.
- From the Pearl Echo Set Security Status menu, turn Internet Management OFF. Close the Pearl Echo Administration Console and all applications running on your server.
- Run the Server Patch on your Pearl Echo server.
- From the Pearl Echo Set Security Status menu in the Pearl Echo Administration Console, turn Internet Management back ON.
- Click below to download the Pearl Echo Workstation Patch.
- Place the Workstation Patch in the WS_Updates folder found in the directory where you installed the Pearl Echo Server software. Note: Do not rename this file.
- Verify that the NTFS Security setting allows "System" to have full control of the Workstation Update file.
- The Workstation Patch will automatically be delivered to the workstation. After delivery, the Workstation Patch will be installed on the next workstation startup.
Warning: Do not use this patch in environments that contain Windows XP or Windows Vista
Note: For real-time testing, you can manually execute the Workstation Patch on computers. To do so, be certain to turn UAC off and execute with full administrator privilege.
Note: If you are patching from an initial install before V12 R2 (12.21.0001), you may want to manually set Echo Smart.Capture™ by reviewing the article, "Reduce what sites are logged with Echo Smart.Capture."